have any questions?
Let's find the answers:
what does a celebrant do?
A celebrant is a person registered by the Attorney General's Department to legally conduct ceremonies in Australia. We offer alternatives to religious based ceremonies and work with you to guide you through the process of getting married. Together, we plan your wedding ceremony so that it's tailored to suit you.
what is the process of getting married?
If you decide to choose me as your celebrant, this is the general process we will follow...
1) Lodge the Notice Of Intended Marriage with me. You can marry one calendar month after this and the Notice remains valid for 18 months.
2) Arrange a date to get married. Please check my availability before confirming the date with your venue.
3) We start to plan your ceremony. This may involve some homework and reflection, so please put aside some time for you to both work on this. Couples often comment on how much they enjoy this part of the process.
4) I will begin to draft your ceremony, including your vows and any readings, traditions and music you'd like included. Then, I'll run it by you and add any alterations to make sure you're all on the same page.
5) Once we decided on the content of the ceremony, we arrange a rehearsal for a run through.
6) Finally - your big day arrives and you are married! - Let the celebrations begin.
After that, it's my job to ensure the final forms are looked after and then register your marriage with the Births Deaths and Marriages Office.
How much does it cost?
Head over to my page on fees. We can discuss details when we meet.
who can be involved in our ceremony?
You will need 2 witnesses above the age of 18 years. After that it's up to you and will generally depend on the size of your ceremony. Some couples choose to involve their children and wider family, (even their beloved pets).
HOW TO FIND ME?
You can look me up by my formal name of Naomi Woods on the Attorney General's website, https://www.ag.gov.au/FamiliesAndMarriage/Marriage/Findamarriagecelebrant/Pages/default.aspx When you click on the link that says 'Commonwealth-registered marriage celebrants who perform civil ceremonies' and type either Naomi or Woods into the quick search bar, you will find me listed there with my contact details. Alternatively, you can contact me via my contact page.
I am fully insured and a member of the Celebrants Association of Australia Inc
I subscribe to Australian Marriage Equality.Org